Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Brightness and Power

EDITOR'S NOTE: This week different team members will be sharing their thoughts, experiences, and impressions from their trip to Cheboksary. The following submission was written by Greg R. following his first full day in Cheboksary.

As we stepped off the train in Cheboksary this morning, one of the local pastors, Pastor Sasha, met us at the bottom of the stairs. His eyes were bright as shook our hands saying, “There is power in this group.”
Later int the day we met and talked with our translator, a 22 year old striking young lady, who started her testimony in good English with a heavy Russian accent. “I was born in a prison," said Zhenya. "My mother left me in a corner to die. ” When asked about her family, she added, “I don’t have a father here on earth, but I have a heavenly Father.” She ended her testimony with, “…and I have a fire in my heart for Jesus.”

The brightness, the power, and the fire that were put in a small Russian city at the end of March, reveal a small inkling of our true and mighty power of God!

No comments: